The Center hosts a luncheon, once a month, inviting students, staff and faculty and the community to learn about a specific aspect of gender and promote action over the weeks following the event.
- February 20th: 50 Shades of Gender
- We will discuss 50 Shades of Gray and fetishes. If you are curious or have questions, come join us!
- February 27th: Sex and Video Games
- How are these related? How to video games influence our ideas of sex and gender?
- March 2nd: Sex and Power
- A special discussion in honor of Sex Week (March 2-6), we will discuss how power influences gender and sex.
- March 27th: Gender and History
- A discussion about how gender has been perceived throught the 19th and 20th centuries.
- April 24th: Gender and Family
- A discussion about how our families play a role in supporting who we are and how to talk to them about gender.
Do you have ideas or topics you would like to see discussed during Gender Equity Fridays, please fill out this form to share your ideas with us.